This stunning Track and Field Arcade Game is based on the classic game from the 1980’s. Go back to the heyday of arcade games and relive these happy times playing all your favorite 80’s and 90’s games.
The Track and Field Arcade Game was developed as an Olympic themed sports arcade game for the 1984 summer games. The game is extremely easy to learn and play. There are only three buttons to use and can be played with 1 to 4 players. Players hit the two red buttons as fast as possible to build up speed and then use the white button to either throw or jump.
There are six track and field arcade game events that 1 to 4 players compete in and try their best to qualify for the next round.
- 100m Dash – Run as fast as possible.
- Long Jump – Run fast and then select the jump angle (45 is optimal).
- Javelin – Run fast and then select the throw angle (42 is optimal).
- 110m Hurdles – Run fast and time the jumps over the hurdles.
- Hammer Throw – Spin faster and faster and time the release of the hammer and throw angle (45 is optimal).
- High Jump – Runs towards the bar. Use the action button to start jumping and keep pressing to reduce the angle. Use the run buttons while in the air to climb higher.